Monday, April 13, 2009

Together at last- but only for the Weekend

Matthew & I were finally able to see each other and spend the weekend together, meeting up in Chattanooga, Tennessee. It had only been a little over a month since he had left but it felt like an eternity since we'd seen each other last. The weekend flew by all too quickly and I had to watch the love of my life drive off in the opposite direction once again. But...I cried much less this time- so that's good, right? Only a few tears trickled down my face and I've been doing okay since.

And although I talk about the sadness of leaving again I am so very thankful for the time we did get to be together. We stayed at the Chattanooga Choo Choo. We visited the Tennessee Aquarium, Friday- the first day we were there and spent Saturday during the day driving around and sight seeing, then went to dinner and a music show that evening. Sunday came and Matthew stuffed his bag with some of the Easter goodies I brought us for our first Easter together away from home, we had a quick lunch at Wendy's, and then headed off- him to Georgia and me to Ohio.



No comments: