Another big happening in June was my trip to Costa Rica! My mom, my sister- Brooke, and I all went to Costa Rica with Brooke's Spanish class at the end of June. I love to travel and learn about other cultures so it was a great adventure for me. I learned to eat rice and beans for EVERY meal and also picked up on some spanish words. I even caught myself still responding with "si" weeks after my return back home. I really enjoyed the physical activities of hiking and exploring, zip lining, and also loved horseback riding in the mountains. Parts of the country were absolutely gorgeous and other parts of the trip reminded me of why I was so proud to be an American! My least favorite of all was the cold showers! I don't do well with cold and literally by the second to last day when I'd had enough of the cold showers I was singing out loud "and I'm proud to be an American" while trying to washing my goose-bumped body.
By the end of the trip I was ready to return home to see family and friends (Matthew was in the field so I wasn't able to see him right away) and to eat some "good" American fast food and/or home cooked meal, and to finally take a hot shower! Although I was happy to return I missed being there and having the daily adventures, I love traveling and I am not sure if I am ever completely content with just being "home." Maybe it's a good thing that the Army will help to keep me on the move and never stationary for too long- or maybe I'll end up changing my mind about that whole ordeal...who knows?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment