Thursday, February 26, 2009

Geocaching in Hocking Hills

Matthew and I went on a little weekend trip to Hocking Hills back at the beginning of February. We stayed in a cabin with a few friends and just kind of hung out a relaxed. We ate some nice home-cooked meals, sat around a bonfire, and enjoyed the hot tub :) One one of the weekend afternoons Matthew and I left the group behind (after they all turned down the offer to join, of course) and we went and did a little hiking and some geocaching. We mostly did the park and grab geocaches due to the weather, however we attempted to get out and hike to one in the Old Man's Cave area but were a little weary of our safety due to the thick, slick, sheet of ice that cover all pathways. We were almost silly enough to attempt the stairs, that was until Matthew almost bit it and then we re-thought our plan. Despite the dangerous icy conditions- it was absolutely beautiful to see the frozen parts of the water falls and all the ice and snow glistening in the sunshine- oh how I/we love nature :) I think we found about 4 caches that day before we had to head back to the cabin for dinner time. That part of the weekend topped it all off and of course was our favorite part, with the bonfires and the hot tub coming in a close.

FYI: This time when I went geocacing I didnt happen to stumble up on any other diamond rings- I think it's safe to say "that's something that just don't happen twice"



No comments: