For those of you who don't already know, I have upgraded to a new and much nicer apartment for my last year in Columbus. It's less like a college apartment and I guess you could say it's more of a "grown-up" apartment. Which I guess is fitting as I complete my year of grad school and work as a professional in my placement at the Nisonger Center. The complex we (Matthew & I) live in has a pool, tennis courts, a basketball court, a workout room---which I don't really need right now because I just got Wii Fit-- a tanning bed, a car wash, and a few little ponds. There's also plenty of parking which is a nice change from the limited parking on campus that requires once kind of pass or another; and I think I feel a little safer having my car here as opposed to on campus. So far, so good; just still need to get around to fixing the damage of campus living. Our apartment is a two bedroom apartment (one is our bedroom and the other is our office) with a big bathroom. The bathroom comes complete with a nice big tub and a washer and dryer---and they don't take coins!! The kitchen is small but is open to the dining room and living room so it makes it a little better. We have decided not to get a table for the dining room (since we always just eat dinner on the couch while watching tv) and use that room for the fish tank and a kitten tower that we are going to build for Elliot. We just got new furniture for the living room and are really excited! We are just doing a little bit at a time and day by day its becoming more of our own "home sweet home!"
No comments:
Post a Comment