We got our new couch and chairs a week or two ago. (Grandma Spaeth wanted to see some pictures of it so I figured I'd go ahead and put them on here for everyone to see.) The big round chair was what I really wanted...I've had my mind set on that thing since before we even moved into this apartment and I finally got it -and I love it! Matthew enjoys the recliners; our couch has reclining seats on both ends and we also have a rocker/recliner but that is in our bedroom for now because this living room just isn't big enough here. Hopefully it will all fit in our living room at the next place...although thats not for another year or so. The couch and recliner were a package deal and obviously I had to have my round chair in addition. :) So that's the story behind the extra piece of furniture.
Our fish tank came just about a week ago now. Matthew had the tank at his parents house and brought it back up after a weekend at home. We now have 3 fish added and a little hiding place (that Jim claimed immediately) and a live bamboo plant. We just bought more bamboo to add because I like the bamboo plants and the idea of live plants in my fish tank. We are planning on adding about 3-5 more fish and a couple more tiny hide-out caves but we still have a few weeks to wait on the rest of that. We named our fish after one of our favorite shows...The Office. Right now we have Michael (the yellow fish) Dwight (the white fish) and Jim (the blue fish). Not only does the fish tank serve as something nice for us look at, but Elliot finds it to be very intertaining as well. Sometime he just watches the bubbles and sometimes he trys swatting at the fish through the glass. And I find that entertaining to watch!
As for the 'home-made' home decor- my painting just made it up on the wall. I am planning on adding a bit more to the wall around it and will post a picture of all that when it's finished. Grandpa Jones has offered to help make a shelf and some decorative signs (and I am hoping some box shelves) that I will hopefully have finished within the next month or so. Went to Goodwill a couple days ago and got some random nic-nacs to add to the box shelves once I have them...so that's kind of where the apartment stands at this point. Lots of things yet to do-but the projects are sort of fun and keep us busy in our spare time! Or in otherwords it distracts me from the homework
No comments:
Post a Comment